Creating a Custom Terminal for mbed in C#

21 Mar 2010 . Edited: 22 Mar 2010

For a project I'm doing for the Intel ISEF this year, I'm using an mbed NXP LPC1768 microcontroller to send data from two cameras containing their normal view, resized view, blob detection view, and binocular disparity map all at a baud rate of 921600 bps.  You can find my project file here.

I've written a C# Project that monitors the serial data using a modified version of the OpenNETCF.IO.Serial.Port class from the mbed (on the serial port COM6), but I'm having a problem with the mbed recognizing that the program is ready to receive data from the it though it works with Tera Term (but not Putty or Terminal by Bray).  For instance, when I use Tera Term (http://sourceforge.jp/projects/ttssh2/releases/[^]) and the terminal isn't working, I just reset the port (under Control-Reset Port) the terminal reads the data streaming out from the mbed perfectly, but I can't seem to replicate that function with my program of which I've tried many things already such as closing and opening the port right after a short delay. The terminal project is located here and is pretty easy to navigate around. By the way, it isn't quite done with every aspect (reset function not included). If any other program bugs come up, I'd be more than happy to learn about the bug and hopefully fix it.

So, if anyone could help me with figuring out how to properly reset my serial port or just receive data from the mbed using the OpenNETCF.IO.Serial.Port or another class, I would be very appreciative.

Sincerely,

Dylan Dalrymple

2010 Intel ISEF Entrant

23 Mar 2010

After reading this post and making a few comments, I finally came up with the answer displayed on my last post.  I'll have my most current program posted online in case anyone else is interested in seeing my endeavors.

Thankfully,

Dylan Dalrymple

2010 Intel ISEF Entrant