Kinetis integration with mbed and Serial bug fixed and LCD lib for Freescale Kl43Z

13 Dec 2014

Hi guys

I'm really impressing with progress of development of mbed. I'm absolute fan of mbed library :-) I thought a little help you. I've prepared some modification of Freescale kl43z platform. Yesterday i bought it an I've tried use beta version mbed for it (rev.91 of mbed), but unfortunately usb serial didn't work for me. So I changed a little serial_baud function in serial_api.c. Also I changed a little LCD demo from kl46z and it works. :-D I also prepared integration with kinetis studio. This environment has a big advantage... oryginal openSDA works and usb serial also (without change a firmware). I hope I'll help you. Kinetis project for kl43z with mbed and build-in LCD you can download from: /media/uploads/fredlak/kl43z_templ_mbed_kinetis_rev91.zip

Best regards Adam C.

13 Dec 2014

one more think... build-in accelerometer also works and also there is :-)

13 Dec 2014

if there's any fix, please ue github and send a pull request to mbedmicro repository. You can also share your work here on mbed, or on github.

14 Dec 2014

Thx Martin for your answer. I created new pull request.

Regards. Adam C

12 Mar 2015

With the KL43Z support here, and listed in the Github repo, but not in the Platforms section, what's the correct method for using mbed with the KL43Z? Just use the KL46Z platform and everything should work (aside from USB OTG capability)?

Will the KL43Z be added to the available platforms at any time?

19 Aug 2015

Hello, another KL43Z user here. I downloaded serial port drivers, installed them successfully. After copying Hello world binary to the MBED drive, nothing happens. Apparently KL46Z which I chose as the target platform (no better choice) is not that similar to KL43Z.

I found https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mbed-devel/BQJAG9bYhcg on google. A clever guy added KL43Z support :)

How to use that? How to tell compiler that is my target board? What should I download/change?

21 Aug 2015

Peter C wrote:

I found https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mbed-devel/BQJAG9bYhcg on google. A clever guy added KL43Z support :)

How to use that? How to tell compiler that is my target board? What should I download/change?

I'm also wondering when KL43Z will be supported in the online compiler.

Currently KL43Z builds can't be done in the online compiler. You can follow the directions to export a sample application with the library here that can build with GCC: https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/mbed-tools but it's not nearly as convenient as the online compiler.

02 Sep 2015

Hello,

there are still things to be done (mbed cmsis-dap interface, online ide preparation, ...). There's not any specific date set yet.

02 Sep 2015

Are there any specific tasks that the community can help with to get KL43Z integrated?

11 Dec 2016

Sorry to add to an old thread, but just in case this can be of use to someone besides me...

I've been working with the kl43z, in particular with the LCD and have been really struggling. I pulled down the files from the link above at the link showing as "/media/uploads/fredlak/kl43z_templ_mbed_kinetis_rev91.zip" and did the Dr. Frankenstein thing by cutting and pasting into a known 'blinky' program. I moved the main.cpp up, and imported the SLCD library from mbed. It didn't work at all.

I then cut the 'SLCD' library up from the 'rev91.zip' above and dropped it into the program and did a full compile. The compile worked and I was rewarded with a working LCD. I went back and reimported the SLCD library and updated it but things broke again. I'd say there are platform dependencies between the kl43z and the kl46z that aren't resolved in the SLCD import version.

I'll continue to work on this.

Ott