Downloading to Nucleo F401RE from Ubuntu

27 Mar 2014

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that if I open two nautilus windows of "/media/NUCLEO" then I can no longer download binaries to the device. The binary still gets copied but it just sits there. The device doesn't disconnect and reconnect as usual.

Applying the suggestions from http://mbed.org/handbook/Mounting-with-sync didn't do anything. The only thing that helps is disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable.

Has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks,

Tomas

27 Mar 2014

With the Nucleo L152RE and Mint 16 using Caja, I have found that the download usually happens eventually (up to maybe 10 minutes). Sometimes I copy the file onto itself by dragging it onto the drive letter and it seems to help, but it might just be that enough time has passed. I have an LPC800-MAX that works great on this machine, once in a while there may be a delay of 20-30 seconds. I had high hopes for the Nucleo series with Mbed, but so far it isn't working well; for example, the serial port has never worked on Linux.

27 Mar 2014

I have some problems with serial on Linux as well. It only works maybe 1 out of 10 times.