Building the mbed SDK

14 Sep 2013

Using the current version of the mbed SDK from GitHub and running build.py I get the following error:

cwr@florin libraries $ python workspace_tools/build.py -m LPC1768 -t GCC_CS

BUILD LIBRARY CMSIS (LPC1768, GCC_CS)

Copy: core_cmInstr.h Copy: core_cm4_simd.h Copy: core_cm0plus.h Copy: core_cm4.h Copy: core_cmFunc.h Copy: core_cm3.h Copy: core_cm0.h Copy: LPC17xx.h Copy: system_LPC17xx.h Copy: cmsis.h Copy: cmsis_nvic.h Copy: LPC1768.ld Assemble: startup_LPC17xx.s [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Completed in: (0.04)s

Build failures:

• GCC_CS::LPC1768 cwr@florin libraries $

The files are present, but not in the right place: cwr@florin libraries $ find . -name startup_LPC17\* -print ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/startup_LPC17xx.s ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_CS/startup_LPC17xx.s ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_CR/startup_LPC17xx.cpp ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_IAR/startup_LPC17xx.s ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_ARM_STD/startup_LPC17xx.s ./libraries/mbed/targets/cmsis/TARGET_NXP/TARGET_LPC176X/TOOLCHAIN_ARM_MICRO/startup_LPC17xx.s cwr@florin libraries $

Does anyone know to which directory I should move the startup files so that the assembler can find them?

Thanks - Will

15 Sep 2013

Hello Will Rose,

why did you state that they are in the right place? I faced error (No such file or directory) when I did not set paths for a compiler properly. Verify your paths inside private_settings.py. You should have shared it with us.

Regards,
0xc0170

15 Sep 2013

The forum messed up the formatting a bit, and I didn't check it correctly. In fact, all the C files are build correctly, it's just the assembler stuff that's failing. I'll try writing a proper makefile.

Will

03 Nov 2013

I am having the same problem, just cloned mbed from GitHub. Its not the path problem in my private_settings.py because its compiling. The python script seems to be missing a script to copy over the startup_LPC17xx.s file but it does copy the linker scatter file which happens to be in the same place as the startup_LPC17xx.s file. I manually copied the file over to every directory in the build directory and it still complaints that its missing. Gonna have to dig into the python scripts more.

c:\Users\Mel\Documents\GitHub\mbed>python workspace_tools\build.py -m LPC1768 -
 ARM
>>> BUILD LIBRARY CMSIS (LPC1768, ARM)
Copy: core_cm0.h
Copy: core_cm0plus.h
Copy: core_cm3.h
Copy: core_cm4.h
Copy: core_cm4_simd.h
Copy: core_cmFunc.h
Copy: core_cmInstr.h
Copy: cmsis.h
Copy: cmsis_nvic.h
Copy: LPC17xx.h
Copy: system_LPC17xx.h
Copy: LPC1768.sct
Assemble: startup_LPC17xx.s         <-------------  where's the copy  ???
[Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Completed in: (0.16)s
03 Nov 2013

Oops.. the problem was in the private_settings.py file. I had ARM_PATH = "C:\Keil\ARM" but it should be ARM_PATH = "C:\Keil\ARM\ARMCC"

Doh!!