LCD 2x16

19 Jan 2010

Outl4w - wrote:

Hi Vlad, thanks,  the lcd don't work still with your code, but your idea i think it's good. I will go on trying and share my code with you.

Make sure you connect the TX pin to the RX pin on the mbed, and the RX to the TX on the mbed, not TX>TX, RX>RX

19 Jan 2010 . Edited: 19 Jan 2010

Vlad Cazan wrote:

Outl4w - wrote:

Hi Vlad, thanks, the lcd don't work still with your code, but your idea i think it's good. I will go on trying and share my code with you.

Make sure you connect the TX pin to the RX pin on the mbed, and the RX to the TX on the mbed, not TX>TX, RX>RX

Yes, RX pin on the LCD Chip to TX on Mbed. Chip has not Tx pin.

are you testing with your LCD? it works?

Thanks.

19 Jan 2010

I just setup a similar project using the SerLCD built in on my LCD screen. You can see what I did here:Display on Sparkfun SerLCD v2.5 and here Setting the Bootsplash on Sparkfun's SerLCD v.2.5

20 Jan 2010

Thx ! all working!

For my 4 line by 20 character LCDs I need to use this code for locate:

switch (_row) {
                case (0) : address = 0x80 + _column;
                break;
                case (1) : address = 0xc0 + _column;
                break;
                case (2) : address = 0x94 + _column;
                break;
                case (3) : address = 0xd4 + _column;
                break;
            } 
This is because it prints row0 first, then row2, then row1, then row3.

Scott

26 May 2011

Mr Simon,

We have connected LCD AC-162BYA-H to the mbed. We used your HelloWorld code, but it's not working. Pin connections are made properly. We added DC power supply of 5V, but still not working.

22 Sep 2015

Mr Simon. I have connected lcd 16*2 to mbed lpc 1768 power supply and pin connection properly but I required display move left right continues in c plus plus programming code not work please help me.

22 Sep 2015

Mr simon ,

I not seen the pwm out put on screen pc with using tera term.