win7 64bits and firmware CMSIS-DAP ?

04 Jan 2013

Hello,

With win7 64 bits and the first firmware i have to connect with a HUB USB otherwise the VPC bug. With the firmware CMSIS-DAP i have to connect without a HUB USB otherwise the VPC bug.

You have an idea?

PC:notebook ASUS PRO5PS win7 64bits and install driver x64 is OK.

Thanks

walter

04 Jan 2013

Hi Walter,

Nice to see someone else using the CMSIS-DAP firmware.

I have several questions:

• What is the "VPC bug"?
  • You have bugs with the previous firmware and the cmsis-dap firmware?

Cheers, Sam

04 Jan 2013

Hi Sam

When i use the virtual port com (Serial pc(USBTX, USBRX) printf(...)) the mbed bug.After impossible reload file .bin . The disk mbed is unavailable.The only solution is to connect via HUB USB with previous firmware and without HUB USB with cmsis-dap firmware.

walter

04 Jan 2013

Hi Walter,

• Once you connect your mbed directly on a USB port (without hub), the virtual serial port is working as expected (no bug from the mbed)?
  • With the previous firmware, you had to connect to a USB hub to have the serial port working?
  • Out of curiosity, do you have the same behaviour an another computer with your mbed?
  • Which version of Windows 7 are you running ?

Cheers, Sam

04 Jan 2013

Hi Sam

- on another pc no problems only with the notebook. - the version is Win7 64bits pro SP1. -with the last version no bug with USB hub and bug if I connect directly. -with the new version ( CMSIS-DAP)bug with USB hub and not bug if I connect directly. really weird

sorry for my english,is very bad

walter