New Forum!

22 May 2009 . Edited: 22 May 2009

We've now built a forum in to the mbed Website, and here it is!

This should make it much easier to view and contribute to the forum; logging in to google groups to get access was a real hassle, and was causing lots of people problems....

We'll also now be able to extend the forums to support things useful to mbed :)

Simon

For the archive of the old forum, see http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mbed

22 May 2009

Great!

22 May 2009

Dan did most of the work on this btw! Great job!

24 May 2009 . Edited: 24 May 2009

Please move over to using it, and we'll squash any bugs as we try it out. We'll also now be able to extend the forums to support things useful to mbed :)

Can I suggest that a mailing list is much better for the case when you're not using the forums day to day. Its more a push system of info rather than a pull system. I'd still like to keep up with what's happening.

Perhaps there are certain things that would be better over email??

Cheers,

hen

24 May 2009

Can I suggest that a mailing list is much better for the case when you're not using the forums day to day. Its more a push system of info rather than a pull system. I'd still like to keep up with what's happening.

Perhaps there are certain things that would be better over email??

Yeah, good point. You can currently subscribe to a thread, but that doesn't give you what you want really. If you could subscribe to the forum (i.e. get any new posts delivered by email) that could be a good solution? I think i'd prefer that too now you've mentioned it.

Simon

15 Jun 2009

As requested, you can now subscribe to any new thread automatically so it works more like a maillist.

If you check 'Subscribe to new topics' on the right hand side of the main forum you will get automatically subscribed to all new topics. That means you will get an email whenever someone makes a post in those topics.

The nice advantage here is all it is doing is auto-subscribing to the new threads, so you can still subscribe and unsubscribe to individual threads. So you can get notified about any new threads, and then drop the ones you aren't interested in.

Simon

13 Jan 2010

Great work on the site upgrade, guys - it's fantastic to have properly formatted emails coming through.

Thanks!