• Elexol - USB I/O & other development boards & my LCD module

Local:

US:

Internet:

• Sparkfun - huge range of sensors, parts etc, forums, tutorials

Would love to see this list grow!

10 Dec 2009

UK

I have been using Farnell lately. Free delivery on UK stocked items. No minimum order

Rapid - Stock a lot of stuff, but personally have had some delivery issues this year. (including a £60 order that went missing for 3 weeks and they couldn't trace and wouldn't refund)

10 Dec 2009

US Internet:  Digikey and Mouser, my preference used to be Digikey but now it's Mouser, the WWW interface is much better and the prices seem identical.

09 Jan 2010

I just moved to UK and I am not familiar with UK customs rules and regulations. Does customs apply to purchases from USA? Do you order from digikey or sparkfun in UK? Is there a limit?

I cannot find every item on farnell.co.uk (even on US stocks).

09 Jan 2010 . Edited: 09 Jan 2010

Caner Altinbasak wrote:

I just moved to UK and I am not familiar with UK customs rules and regulations. Does customs apply to purchases from USA? Do you order from digikey or sparkfun in UK? Is there a limit?

I cannot find every item on farnell.co.uk (even on US stocks).

I am not sure if this applies to the UK but when I order parts from sparkfun in the US (I live in canada) on the custom shipping label it stated "loose electronic parts" and in most countries they do not charge custom fees for spare parts.

When I ordered from adafruit which is also in the US, I ordered a few "kits", for these I expected to pay custom fees but again it was labeled as "hobby electronic parts" and nothing was charged.

I had a quick look at the UK customs website and this is what it stated:

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco, perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

• don't have to pay Excise Duty
  • may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £120
  • will have to pay Import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £18

10 Jan 2010 . Edited: 10 Jan 2010

UK distributor for SparkFun:

www.skpang.co.uk/catalog