Need Help with non-working JTAG programmer code

28 Jun 2012

Dear all,

I need help getting a program I'm writting for the mbed, to turn it into a JTAG prgrammer.

Program is linked to below and all the issues are on the wiki page for it.

Bascilly it complies but hangs the mbed during the setup code.

You help will go towards getting this not only working but I will be writting up a blog on EE Web about it so would be greta to show how you all recued me!

Thanks Paul (aka @monpjc)

28 Jun 2012

Your link is broken :{

I think a lots (and lots) of MBEDers out ther will be

VERY

interested,

so please fix link,

And show us some code,

Cheers

Ceri

28 Jun 2012

Sorry about that, seams that cos I did it in Beta Mode you guys could not see it.

Now copied over and I have put full details of why its not working in the direscrition

Thanks Paul

29 Jun 2012

Paul Clarke wrote:

Sorry about that, seams that cos I did it in Beta Mode you guys could not see it.

Now copied over and I have put full details of why its not working in the direscrition

Thanks Paul

Do you have a sample XSVF.bit ? is /local just the root of the mounted MBED USB filesystem?

Also, where do you read the data? I'm assuming /local/XSVF.bit is the data to write via the jtag pins you have set up. You just open the file call another module without passing the pointer. What am I missing?

29 Jun 2012

Anthony Loeppert wrote:

Paul Clarke wrote:

Thanks Paul

Do you have a sample XSVF.bit ? is /local just the root of the mounted MBED USB filesystem?

Also, where do you read the data? I'm assuming /local/XSVF.bit is the data to write via the jtag pins you have set up. You just open the file call another module without passing the pointer. What am I missing?

Never mind I see what you are doing.

In main.cpp try:

//edited 
fp = fopen("/local/XSVF.bit", "rb");

instead of:

FILE *fp = fopen("/local/XSVF.bit", "rb");

I think you'll find the two are not the same :)

Credit please? ;p

30 Jun 2012

Hi Anthony,

Are yes I did get that wrong, corrected code now here :

However original issue is still there.