Ethernet connection with windows vista/7 sending data to mbed

19 May 2011

Hello,

I want to connect the mbed to my pc with ethernet. I want to send data to the mbed from my pc. We have'd tried server and client programs from this forum but without succes.

The last server for the mbed I used: http://mbed.org/users/xshige/programs/TCP_server/leamu9/docs/main_8cpp_source.html

Linking goes well, even till the part of listening, but receiving data and using it. When using the NetTool for the mbed site I do not find any open ports, can this be the cause?

Basicly I want to send data to the mbed with ethernet, my first choice would be with TCP. When the mbed receives this data I want to let the mbed control several units, like a RGB led.

Do some of you have experience with this? Also I am still looking for a good progam for on my pc to send data with ethernet. I found a few, but almost everything uses UDP and not TCP. Or would it be better to use UDP? What do you recommend?

08 Jun 2012

Hi im looking for the something similar as well. Have you managed to solve the problem? I am trying to synchronise my mbed clock using data given out by the computer / laptop instead of connecting my mbed to the router.