My project / GPS/Data/Jpeg logger

28 Feb 2011

Hi all

I have a project where I want to play with - GPS - Camera - Memory (SDCard) - GSM - LCD

I have tested all the parts, and they are working separatly ...

GPS, Camera, GSM and LCD need Serial connection ... Memory is SPI (I think).

See my diagram => /media/uploads/didis_be/visio-plan_v2.pdf

Any sugggestion to connect GSM and LCD on top ?

28 Feb 2011

Didier Solheid wrote:

GPS, Camera, GSM and LCD need Serial connection ...

Any sugggestion to connect GSM and LCD on top ?

I'm not sure of your question, Didier. The GSM and LCD don't need serial connections according to your diagram.

The LCD clearly shows it is an SPI device. It can go to the second SPI interface on pins 11-13, with a couple of DigitalOut lines for Chip Select and Reset.

The GSM shows a USB pinout, which would of course go to the D+ and D- interface on the mbed. The software interface may be an interesting question, though.

19 Jan 2012

Hey mate your project look interesting. I have made a auto black box (Data logger) . It is gathering info/data from the Vehicle ECU, GPS, X,y,z accelerations , Display them in a serial LSD and store them in a uSD card. Could you send me some info about the program and the libraries that you used for the GSM and the Camera? Thanks

19 Jan 2012

Any GPS do not work with MBED and Camera IN ONE BOX TOGETHER, only external GPS is working. I was made like this project, but with external GPRS/Ethernet modem and external GPS. http://www.off-road-team.ru/?p=2191

19 Jan 2012

Roman Kuzmin wrote:

Any GPS do not work with MBED and Camera IN ONE BOX TOGETHER, only external GPS is working. I was made like this project, but with external GPRS/Ethernet modem and external GPS. http://www.off-road-team.ru/?p=2191

i think u can use pothe serial GPS module with Camera module . That is what i want to do

20 Jan 2012

I try using EM-406 an ZELIA - result the same, gps not fix. Now I using GPS with external antena - all is ok.

21 Jan 2012

fro my project i used EM$)^ and was fine !!!

24 Feb 2014

i'am new to the project work.i don't know where to start this work.my project is automatic accident detection and reporting using gps&gsm with camera interface module.we have to make the connections so as to send the visual information and the text message to emergency centers and family members.The provision should be made in the system to enable the family members to access the information about the position,speed and snap of the vehicle,whenever they need.could you please tell me what are the equipment that i should gather.

25 Mar 2014

hey

Fidias Dimitriou im doing black box projet for trucks can u share u circuit diagram it ll be usefull, help me out