Can't download

08 Dec 2009

I have a very silly problem. My first mbed prgramme complied without error but failed to down load. The "Getting file information" dialog box appeared and stayed for a very long time, 20 minutes.

I am running Windows XP.

How do I set about solving this issue please ?

08 Dec 2009

What browser are you using?

08 Dec 2009

I am using Internet Explorer 7.  I am not aware of any unusual settings for any options

08 Dec 2009

I have now tried from my laptop and had no problems at all.

The laptop also runs Win XP with IE 7 so to first order I have similar configurations.

Any explanation would be welcome but clearly this is no longer critical for me

08 Dec 2009

HI Allan,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - lets try and get to the bottom of this.

- Do you have any anti-virus software running on your computer that has the problem? We have seen some problems in the past with over zealous software stepping in and breaking the download.

- When you successfully tried with your laptop, where you on the same network / location as your computer? I.e. can we rule out that there is somethign peculiar about the network connection of your computer (a coporate firewall or proxy or something)

- Do you have another browswer installed on your computer, or the permissions to install one? If you were able to try again on your PC with (say) firefox, it might narrow it down to being your specific installation and configuration of IE.

Post back when you;ve had a go...

Cheers,
Chris

09 Dec 2009

Chris,

Answesr to your questions.

Both computers are on the same small (home) network

Both computers run Norton Internet security but the notebook is a newer vesrion. Both are up to date though

Using Firefox on the desktop works, well it got the file onto the desktop from where I moved it to the coreect location. I have seen references to how to configure Firefox to avoid even this trivial issue.

My IE on the desktop has a few other tool bars etc and to be honest the whole computer is about due for a major clean up due to rubbish collection over the years.

Mt own conclusion now is that I have a messy IE which is causing the problem. If you wish i will follow any suggestions as to how to identify exactly what is causing the trouble but I am slightly out of my depth at this point.

Thanks for the advice and assistance

Regards

Allan

13 Jul 2013

This fails in Chrome. My message is that the file is a virus. I tried to disable Norton 360. No go. I tried to excluded *.bin files. No go. I am currently using a FRDM board. Win 7 professional, Chrome, Norton 360. There were no troubles when I had Kaspersky running on this system.

13 Jul 2013

This fails in Chrome. My message is that the file is a virus. I tried to disable Norton 360. No go. I tried to excluded *.bin files. No go. I am currently using a FRDM board. Win 7 professional, Chrome, Norton 360. There were no troubles when I had Kaspersky running on this system.

13 Jul 2013