INTERFACING BLUETOOTH DONGLE WITH MBED

22 Oct 2011

I need to use Bluetooth dongle with MBED. Is it possible to do this. I need help..

22 Oct 2011

You could start out by finding a Bluetooth dongle, with Serial interface. Sparkfun has some. Then go through the datasheet and see if it's something you can use

22 Oct 2011

Hi,

I can recommend the RN42 module from roving networks. Have a search in the cookbook and forum and you see quite a few pages about them.

Cheers, Chris

20 Nov 2011

I would recommend the ARF32 available from FARNELL. Take note that Vcc supply is 3.6 volts and applying 5 volts i.e.via the PICKIT 2 will destroy it.

20 Nov 2011

Hi Richard,

Have you tried BX10 from http://www.uelectronix.com ? Are you interesting to receive one BX10 module for free and make comparison with this AFR32 and post your opinion here?

Kind Regards, Stas

18 Jun 2012

If you're still on the project. i just started with the RN42. Works fine for me. If you want. I can test the BX10 for you and leave my comments here ...

19 Jun 2012

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your interest, from our BX firmware v3.10 we have add many useful features. I can send you the firmware with MAC address: AAAAAAAAAAAA and you can use it on your RN42 module. Just send me an email from www.uelectronix.com and I will give you all details.

Kind Regards, Stas