Program control flow

01 Sep 2011

All,

Is there any document or place where I can find how the program control flows on mbed. I am quite new to this.

I loaded some small codes I wrote and they all work fine.. I need to know how this all works. How does 1768 gets my code in ? Is there a bootloader in the 1768 on mbed device. Or is it wired to boot from the external flash?

thanks in advance

Shankar

02 Sep 2011

The 1768 has an internal flash, and the .bin file is flashed into it as-is by the magic interface chip. The user code starts executing from main() function, although any global objects you might declare get constructed beforehand by the runtime library.

You can also override some of the interrupt handlers and they will be executed independently from main(). Andy wrote a nice article that explains how interrupts work.

02 Sep 2011

Page not found

02 Sep 2011

Thanks, fixed!

02 Sep 2011

When I connect my embed to the PC I see files like a USB stick. I copied one more and it took the latest one as it should. How does 1768 know which file to pick? or the magic i/f chip replaces the latest one??

So I can write my code independent of embed and still should be able to run it. Correct?