Windows Serial Configuration

25 Aug 2011

Hello!! I want to connect the mbed to my laptop (Windows 7 64 bits) so I downloaded and installed the drivers. It works, it appears like a COM device but also like a USB device. The problem is that since I did that there are (or it seems...) some files in the mbed that I can´t remove. /media/uploads/mariaamo/mbed.jpg

As you can see, that size of the files is impossible to be stored in the mbed... Also, in the properties of the device, I can see that there are 1.96 MB free.

I connect the mbed in diferent PC and in all of them the files appear and they can´t be removed.

Has anyone seen something similar before?? Has anyone some idea what is going on?

Thanks!!!

María.

27 Aug 2011

maybe you should try to re-format your mbed (like a memory-stick). that should get rid of the files except for the mbed.htm.

28 Aug 2011

This looks like file system corruption to me. Before disconnecting the mbed (or any other USB storage device) from the PC select EJECT (right mouse button on the device) for that device to make sure all data is written to the flash storage (also called 'safely remove')