Blue Led OFF

27 Apr 2011

How do I turn the blue led off, Do I have to rip this thing off or somebody gonna tell me:)

27 Apr 2011

It's wired directly to the 3.3V power, I don't know if you can shut it off from the MBED-IF01 or not. I used a small piece of black electrical tape to cover it up :-)

27 Apr 2011

Anyone have a solution for this or is the tape option the only way?

28 Apr 2011

It might be the heat gun and esd tweezers for me.

30 Apr 2011

Black electrical tape for the win!

28 May 2011

UV light vitamin D, deadly to the eyes with out protection tho, do the led's give off UV light I feel as tho I am getting a vitamin D fix.

28 May 2011

The only that i know of to turn the blue led off is to power down the interface chip. To do that go check the power management section in the coobook

28 May 2011

Hi Philips,

sorry you have to go outside if you need additional vitamin D. The blue or royal blue LED on mbed has no mentionable UV parts in wavelength spectrum.

But you are right. Blue and green light (boosted with blue and green LEDs) have a separate part inside eye safty standards (ANSI, ISO, IEC,... ). If you like to know more, check the term "Blue-light hazard" inside the international standards. There is a potential for a photochemical induced retinal injury resulting from radiation exposure at wavelengths primarily between 400 nm and 500 nm.

I like my blue power LED on mbed and now I have to go outside - producing vitamin D ;-)

28 May 2011

Dirck Sowada wrote:

Hi Philips,

sorry you have to go outside if you need additional vitamin D. The blue or royal blue LED on mbed has no mentionable UV parts in wavelength spectrum.

But you are right. Blue and green light (boosted with blue and green LEDs) have a separate part inside eye safty standards (ANSI, ISO, IEC,... ). If you like to know more, check the term "Blue-light hazard" inside the international standards. There is a potential for a photochemical induced retinal injury resulting from radiation exposure at wavelengths primarily between 400 nm and 500 nm.

I like my blue power LED on mbed and now I have to go outside - producing vitamin D ;-)

Well it says here that Blue LED can help you produce vitamin D, and it is suppose to be more safer than UV light?

http://www.ehow.com/how_5799048_use-grow-light-vitamin-d.html

I acutally have Therapy station, that I beleave uses blue light but with out blue blockers for the eyes, no way I would use it with out them.. the glasses..But I have read that once you reach a certain point with vitamin D production continuous UV or blue light apparently starts to degrade the vitamin D you have in your body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

I guess mbed is more clever than we think a? but comes with a price with no protection glasses and if vitamin D gets degraded according to some study I have read, but then if you live in a location where you get very little sun it can be a god send:)

anyway somebody help me finish the reverse effect thing already, I am clueless now.

31 May 2011

I hear you can use the kinnect to make vitamin b12 in mushrooms,I mean vitamin D2 lol,you think mbed would work lol

Don't laugh I am serious

19 Mar 2012

I second that request. Please make the LED optional in future hardware releases, similar to LED1 - LED4. I am probably going to cut the trace on board, is it a good idea?

Philips Philips wrote:

How do I turn the blue led off, Do I have to rip this thing off or somebody gonna tell me:)