Archive in Compiler

12 Apr 2010

I suggested many moons ago the possibility of folders, as a short term solution, could it be possible to add an Archive?

13 Apr 2010

Hi Andrew,

I think what you are describing might be something we're experimenting with on one of our test branches:

We've got it so under "My Programs", you can search and decide which programs appear in your workspace. You can see, those unselected in the listing don't appear in the tree.

Is this the sort of behaviour you were thinking? We're still playing with it to decide if it feels right, so any input about whether this seems a good idea would be welcome.

Simon

13 Apr 2010

Obviously feasability has to be realistic.

You have the My Programs, how about another box at the same context level, below it with archive and in an ideal world you can drag the no longer required or being developed program into this section.

Or probably easier to implement right click and Move to Archive option.

Would be nice to have multiple workspaces, but at least being able to move unused programs out of the way would be useful.

18 May 2010
Simon Ford wrote:
We're still playing with it to decide if it feels right, so any input about whether this seems a good idea would be welcome.

Hi Simon

Any chance of getting this rolled out? I've got a lot of junk in my program workspace that I don't want to delete but equally I don't want to see every day either. Another beta perhaps ...

Thanks
Daniel