unknown error accessing program

04 Mar 2010

Hello!

My compiler gives these messages:

"Expected a "{" (E130)" in file "/opt/RVDS4/RVCT/Data/4.0/400/include/unix/stdlib.h"

"Parsing restarts here after previous syntax error" in file "/RemoteControlNode/lib/lwip_precomp/Core/lwIP/include/lwip/arch.h"

"Identifier "u16_t" is undefined (E20)" in file "/RemoteControlNode/lib/lwip_precomp/Core/lwIP/include/lwip/mem.h"

"Identifier "u16_t" is undefined (E20)" in file "/RemoteControlNode/lib/lwip_precomp/Core/lwIP/include/lwip/memp.h"

And if I double-click on them I got the following message box:

"Unknown error accessing program!"

What the heck is this????

05 Mar 2010

Hi Balint,

This looks like you've got a typo in one of your own files, but the compiler only actually sees the problem when it comes to the next bit of code in the standard C library. This is something that in C is quite common; the cause of the error is actually something before what the compiler can identify.

For example, if I compile:

int foo(int x) 

#include "stdio.h"

int main() {}
The error I get is:

"Expected a "{" (E130)" in file .../stdio.h

Now, the error is certainly not in stdio; thats a C libray which is part of the arm compiler package (very unlikely to have a problem!).

The actual problem is that the compiler parsed "int foo(int x)", then is going to be looking for a ";" or a "{" (a function prototype, or the start of a definition of a function). It continues in to stdio.h because of the #include; you can think of #include as basically copy/pasting the contents of the #included file in to the current one). It'll find something else than it expects, hence reporting the error.

So i'd be looking at your code for something like a missing { or ;.

Balint Barki wrote:
And if I double-click on them I got the following message box: "Unknown error accessing program!"
Yeah, this message is not the most friendly; it means that file is not part of your project (i.e. it is part of the core compiler libraries). I'll ticket that to make it a little more user friendly!

Hope this helps you track down your problem.

Simon

05 Mar 2010

Hello Simon!

Well, the problem was that I forgot a ";" after the last function prototype in my .h file... I hate this kind of problems...

Thank you for your help!

Balint