Compiler Issues after upgrade

10 Feb 2010

Hey guys,

I just checked out the new compiler update, haven't noticed much on the front end, but im sure there is a lot of new backend stuff are there.

I just tried a simple copy and paste in the compiler, I am on OS X 10.6.2 and latest safari, and there are a few issues with it. Firstly when you highlight some text and press apple+c the selection gets deleted and the letter c gets put in place of the highlighted selection. Then when you press apple+v to paste, it pastes a v and then the selection I copied earlier. Then if I try and paste again, nothing happens.

Just something you might want to check into.

10 Feb 2010

We've got a potential fix for this on staging now, just want to do some additional testing which we'll have to do tomorrow. If all looks good, we'll put it live tomorrow.

Thanks for the report!

Simon

31 Mar 2010

I'm having a problem when doing cut and copy on Safari. Both those command by shortcut key cannot copy the string to the clipboard.

The problem happens on Safari4.0.5, MacOS X10.6.2. The shortcuts are "Command+X" and "Command+C". No problem found on FireFox on Mac.

At cut command, the highlighted string disappear but it couldn't paste (the string will be pasted previously copied in other application). At the copy command is seemed just doing nothing. Command-Z and command-V are working fine.

I remember it was forking fine on Safari sometime ago. Is that having compatibility issue for versions?

31 Mar 2010

Thanks Tedd,

We we're under the impression this was working across platforms, so thanks for reporting this. We'll re-test the implementations across browsers, and make sure to include that OS/Browser combination in particular. It may be a particular quirk of that browser version. We have a compiler "features" update going live very soon, so once that is out we'll aim to work on a maintenance release that includes a fix for this.

Thanks again,
Simon