Undo doesn't count as file modification

04 Aug 2011

Let's say you make a change by typing something in the editor. The save button gets highlighted and you can save it. However, if you undo that change, the save button is not highlighted and the editor does not consider the undo as a file modification. This means you can't save the file again, until you force a change by typing something in again (which messes up the redo history).

It would be nice if undo was given the same privilege to save a file as typing something in.

Zainul.

04 Aug 2011

Great suggestion, thanks.

The save button does appear to be activated in some cases when undo is pressed, but not others, even when there should be a change to save.

So there does seem to be a bug there somewhere. We will have a look into it.

Dan

17 Nov 2011

+1

I spent about 10 mins trying to figure out why the code on my device wasn't working the way the code in the editor said it should be working. Turns out that I got to the code in the editor by undoing a previous change which wasn't seen as a modification by the compiler so it was always being compiled with the old version of the code.

02 Mar 2012

+1

02 Mar 2012

I have experienced some strange behavior when cut-copy-paste of larger files.

I managed to have two copies of my variables, on screen, only about 6 or so lines (twice) and as I edited the top lines, the lower lines were also changing !

Additionaly, paste sometimes drops a second copy, in a random place. again with a larger file, which admittedly had lots of commented lines & blocks.

cheers

Ceri