Bug: Compiler and FireFox 3.5

27 Jan 2010

When you backspace in the compilter with FF 3.5/3.6 - It deletes the character 1 space behind the intended target. This issue is not present using IE.

27 Jan 2010

Hi Sean,

We are just closing out an update that fixes lots of things, so can we have your help reproducing this one. If it is not fixed already on our next verision, we might be able to squeeze it in.

Can you confirm the platform (windows, mac?). Is it the cursor rendering in the wrong place, or it deleteing the wrong direction etc?

Simon

29 Jan 2010

It was on a Windows Vista machine.

I just tested it again from my Windows XP machine in FF and it works fine now, so either your new updates fixed the issue or I will test from the Vista machine again. I hope it was the updates.

29 Jan 2010 . Edited: 29 Jan 2010

Hi Sean,

Sean Tate wrote:
I just tested it again from my Windows XP machine in FF and it works fine now, so either your new updates fixed the issue or I will test from the Vista machine again. I hope it was the updates.

The updates haven't gone live yet, so I suspect nothing will have changed; perhaps check if you had a zoom invoked or something on your vista setup?

btw, there is a very long list of compiler IDE fixes going live imminently (should be monday) that address all sorts of cross-browser/interface/keyboard things; just closed out the last testing :D You may find this also fixes that behaviour. We can try and reproduce it again after the updates...

Simon

29 Jan 2010

I noticed a similar thing the other day in Firefox 3.6 on Windows XP. My problem was down to Firefox's zoom page function.

Steps to reproduce are:-

1) Open the compiler and create a line that is around 30 characters long

2) Move the cursor to the beginning of the line.

3) Zoom in on the page (ctrl + +, or through the main menu)

4) Move the cursor along the line of code created in 1.

5) By around character 20 the cursor is sitting in the middle of the column and deletes what appears to be the wrong character when delete/backspace is pressed.

I'm not sure this is something that can be fixed as you need to know the zoom level from Firefox to scale the character spacing for the cursor.

Looking forward to the updates :-).

Richard.

31 Jan 2010

hi simon, im running windows 7 pro with firefox 3.5 and its doing the same thing.

its driving me mad!! :-P