SDFileSytem library and LPC11U24 board

29 Feb 2012

Good Morning I have tried to utilize an SD card on the LPC11U24 board by using the SDFileSystem library. I have updated the mbed library to last vesrion. The result of compilation is a list of errors: Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::open(const char*, int) (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" " Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::mkdir(const char*, int) (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::format() (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::remove(const char*) (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::opendir(const char*) (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" Undefined symbol mbed::FATFileSystem::FATFileSystemsub_object(const char*) (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" Undefined symbol typeinfo for mbed::FATFileSystem (referred from SDFileSystem.cpp.cpp.LPC11U24.o)." in file "/" What happens?

Best regards V. Genovese

02 Mar 2012

I have the same problem (same message)

It compile in LPC1768 but not in LPC11U24

02 Mar 2012

vincenzo genovese wrote:

I have tried to utilize an SD card on the LPC11U24 board by using the SDFileSystem library. I have updated the mbed library to last vesrion. The result of compilation is a list of errors:

Thanks for reporting the problem.

The SDFileSystem library uses the FATFileSystem library.

The FATFileSystem library is provided only in binary format. Therefore, it needs to be compiled for each of the supported targets.

The library has been developed and submitted 2 years ago. At that time the LPC11U24 mbed did not exists.

We will update the library with a new build containing the LPC11U24 target.

Cheers, Emilio

02 Mar 2012

Thanks a lot Emilio.

Very good.

Best Regards Vincenzo

06 Mar 2012

Hi Vincenzo,

Emilio Monti wrote:

The FATFileSystem library is provided only in binary format. Therefore, it needs to be compiled for each of the supported targets.

Turns out that we already open sourced this library. No need to update the binary release. You can import the following:

Import programfat

Cheers, Emilio