Good work!

27 Feb 2019

Judging from the screenshot this looks *much* better than an Eclipse IDE would have been. And good work on including the Arm compiler with no size limits!

I will give it a try. Hopefully this is close enough to Arduino in ease of use that people will finally choose mBed instead (since the code is so much better).

27 Feb 2019

Just tried it, works great!

I couldn't use the Arduino set up, but this is good.

I think its using GCC GNU compiler toolchain.

Hoping to be able to easily transport work to and from the on line Mbed if that can happen then Mbed's nailed it!

Edit..

Arm Compiler 6 actually, hopefully Arm C Microlib will be selectable (please).

28 Feb 2019

Tried the IDE as well, the choice of IDE is really a good choice. But still work is required to make this IDE completely working. Version control has not been added at all for now ? Importing library does not always work, it worked on my PC, but not on my laptop. The version control tags were not loaded on my laptop, not sure why. Also, when rebuilding, the issues window is not cleared. So you see issues from previous builds, which may have been resolved.

28 Feb 2019

Actually, the whole problems window is quite flaky. I see build issues from the first build, but not from subsequent builds. If I close the issues from the first build, and rebuild, the issues from the first build appear again, and not from the latest build.

01 Mar 2019

Hi Tim, Paul, Wouter,

Thanks for your feedback!

Wouter van Kleunen wrote:

Version control has not been added at all for now ?

Version control becomes active when your program is a repo (which they are not by default). You will be able to see how this works if you import a program from GitHub or the Mbed website. As a Windows user, you do also need to have git installed.

You can create a git repo locally or turn a program into a repo using a standard git workflow.

This is an area of the experience we can improve in future, but hopefully it should work for you.

Thanks, Joe

02 Mar 2019

You have done a good job! Mbed Studio is a great improvement for the Mbed community. Thank you for sharing.

02 Mar 2019

Joe Alderson wrote:

Hi Tim, Paul, Wouter,

Thanks for your feedback!

Wouter van Kleunen wrote:

Version control has not been added at all for now ?

Version control becomes active when your program is a repo (which they are not by default). You will be able to see how this works if you import a program from GitHub or the Mbed website. As a Windows user, you do also need to have git installed.

You can create a git repo locally or turn a program into a repo using a standard git workflow.

This is an area of the experience we can improve in future, but hopefully it should work for you.

Thanks, Joe

I have installed git now in Windows, but I am still not able to import repos from the mbed website. It just creates an empty program, no files are imported.