A simple wave recorder & player
A simple wave recorder & player is a audio project with mbed and some additional components.
It can record audio contents to .WAV files and play from .WAV files directly.
The hardware is really simple. So you can try to make it in a short time. :)
Focus and Non-Focus
- Develop a re-usable wave file software module.
- Show how to create recording and playing feature with the software module.
- High bit rate audio.
- Because the I/O throughput on the file system interface is slow. (The interface is serialized 1-bit SPI.)
- Because the I/O scheme in the library is slow. (The data I/O scheme is byte-read and byte-write.)
- High quality audio.
The circuit block on this project consists of 4 blocks, audio input, mbed, audio output and mbed.
Audio input block
Audio input block consists of three parts.
mbed and SD card
You know !
Audio output block
The tiny wav I/O module library
Re-usable wav library available on the page.
The license of the library is MIT.
So you can use it in your project freely. :)
The tiny wav I/O module is the most simple wav file I/O module you've ever seen.
The library work on your mbed also on your PC (Windows, Linux, MacOS...).
The simple wave recorder and player project is a audio mini-project.
- Performance check (Write/Read)
- Record 30 seconds.
- Playback it.
The FAT file system library and the I/O throughput
The I/O frequency of the SDFileSystem changed to 20MHz.
Local copy of the SDHCFileSystem. But changed the I/O frequency to 20MHz.
It means "We need high class SD card" you are right.
10 comments on A simple wave recorder & player:
Please log in to post comments.