Connecting mbed to Processing over Network
This is a tutorial to connect mbed from Processing.
You will be able to control the mbed easily from Processing over network.
What do we need?
It needs three software modules.
- mbedJS Processing API
Processing2 can be download here. https://www.processing.org/
mbedJS is firmware to control mbed via websocket RPC.
It works on mbed1768,LPCXpresso1769,LPC4088 QBS bord,ArchPro(LPC1768),FRDM-K64F
mbedJS Processing API
This is a library to call mbedSDK functions from Processing. IIt has an API that was very similar to mbedSDK.
And, mbedJS works on Ethernet. Ethernet cables and router may be required.
How to setup
First of all, We need setup mbedJS firmware.
- Compile the firmware of mbedJS in mbed.org.
- Download bin file and write to the mbed.
- Make configuration file for mbedJS on mbed drive. It is named "mimic.cfg". The name is "mimic.cfg" which is text file. You can access mbedJS by specified IP address here.
- Connect to mbed to network, restart mbed board.
- Access to mbedJS with specified IP address by web browser. If successful, MiMic webpage is shown.
Next, setup processing library.
- Unzip mbedJsPsgApi-1.zip
- Copy unziped files to Processing sketch book directory.
- Open a sample sketch in "example/LEDBlink.pde".
- mbedJS processing API JavaDoc [http://mimic.sourceforge.jp/doc/mbedjs.psg/current/]
- in Japanese [http://nyatla.hatenadiary.jp/entry/20140722/1406010955]
- MiMicProject [http://nyatla.jp/mimic/wp/]
1 comment on Connecting mbed to Processing over Network:
Please log in to post comments.