Forked to make modifications to bring the USBHID into USB compliance and add additional features.
Fork of USBDevice by
As of Revision 18 everything in the USBHID specification is now implemented, except Multi-reports.
Revision comments for changelist 18
- Added SET_PROTOCOL support
- Added GET_PROTOCOL support
- protocolSate is set to 1 by default to match USB HID specification. This variable should be checked to determine which format theinput report should have. 1 - Use the user specified report format. 0 - Use the BOOT protocol report format.
Revision comments for changelist 16
- HID_REPORT transformed from structure to class. This was done for several reasons.
- When multiple reports are used the 64 byte size for every report becomes a problem.
- The length value should always remain the same for a report, Make the constructor set the vale at the same time it allocates memory for the DATA area.
- By default the data will be an array of MAX_HID_REPORT_SIZE like the structure,
- When given a length argument, the hid_report.length will be set, and hid_report.data will be an array of the size given.
- Length zero causes data to be NULL
- Mostly backwards compatible. The definition of a destructor caused a compiler error in USBMouse::update and USBMousekeyboard::update. This error was caused by instatiation of HID_REPORT in the middle of an IF logic statement. These files have been modified. The error complained that the logic skipped object initialization. The HID_REPORT has been moved to the class definition. Since both ABSOLUTE and RELATIVE modes used the HID_REPORT, this seems to make more sense. Previously the hid_report would be instatiated in <class>::mousesend and <class>::update.
Revision comments for changelist 14
- Modified USB device state to change from Configure when disconnect is called.
- Modified the call back function for when the suspend state changes. This should be used to turn off peripherals to conserve power.
Revision comments for changelist 13
- ) Changed DEBUG messages to be more descriptive for string descriptor
- ) Bug fix: Control Transfers did not actually transfer the data from Buffer to transfer->ptr
- ) Added ALL CLASS request to KEYWORD list
- ) Added KEYWORDS for report type
- ) Added a new constructor to specify size of feature report
- ) Added HID_REPORT inputReport and featureReport
- ) Added data structures to support IDLE rate
- ) Added data structures to support callback functions
- ) Changed constructor to initialize new feature data structures
- ) Implemented Set_IDLE/GET_IDLE and the periodic resend of non-changed data
- ) Implemented HID specification required control transfer GET_REPORT
- ) Fixed issue where Intreput transfers and control transfers did not access the same data structures.
- ) Implemented Feature reports
- ) Implemented Callback Hooks for get_report/set_report actions.
- ) Added callback hooks for interupt actions in the new functions.
- ) interupt transfer can now write to outputReport
- ) Modified SET_REPORT code to function for multiple types.
- ) Refactored some code in preperation to add multi report support
|Test Number||Test Description||Test Result||Notes|
|1||Use USBmouse to verify backward compatibility of constructor and methods||Pass|
|2||Test SET_REPORT can set a feature report||Pass|
|3||Test GET_REPORT can retrieve a feature report||Pass|
|4||Test SET_IDLE sets up a reoccuring trigger||Pass||IOCTL_SET_POLL_FREQUENCY_MSEC does not function for the windows HID driver. A Special test program is used to rearm the IDLE rate after windows sets it to zero|
|5||Test SET_IDLE disables a trigger||Pass||Windows automatically sends this command to a HID device when it is inserted.|
|6||Enabled DEBUG in USBDevice.cpp and generated str descriptor requests.||Pass|
|7||Test SET_REPORT can set an output report||Pass|
|8||Test GET_REPORT can retrieve an output report||Pass|
|9||ReadFile, accesses the input_report||Pass|
|10||WriteFile accesses the output_report, via interupt transfer when ep1_out is used.||Pass|
|11||WriteFile accesses the output_report, via control transfer when ep1_out is NOT used.||Not Tested|
|12||Callback hooks trigger independently for each type of set_report/get_report||Pass|
|13||New constructor sets feature_report size||Pass|
|14||Control transfer SET_REPORT and writeFile access the same data structure||BUG||The same data structure is accessed, but the data transfer size is different. The writeFile strips the leading byte which is the report ID, The Control transfer keeps the byte.|
|15||Control transfer GET_REPORT and readFile access the same data structure||BUG||The same dtat structure is accessed, but the data transfer size is different. The readFile strips the leading byte which is the report ID, The Control transfer keeps the byte.|
|16||Test GET_IDLE retrieves the IDLE rate||Unknown||Windows HID driver does not implement IOCTL_HID_GET_POLL_FREQUENCY_MSEC|