Factory firmware for the MultiTech Dotbox (MTDOT-BOX) and EVB (MTDOT-EVB) products.
MTDOT-BOX/EVB Firmware Description
This Firmware is what ships on DotBox and EVB devices. It is intended to be used as a proof of concept and site survey tool for planning LoRa deployments. The firmware provides a number of different modes of operation:
- Configuration - Use AT commands to configure network credentials, TX power, TX data rate, view the survey data file, etc.
- Survey Single - Test network connectivity at current location at a specific TX power and TX data rate. Uplink information, downlink information, and GPS information are saved to the survey data file and can also be sent to the gateway.
- Survey Sweep - Test network connectivity at current location across a range of TX powers and TX data rates. Uplink information, downlink information, and GPS information for each survey in the sweep are saved to the survey data file and can also be sent to the gateway.
- LoRa Demo - Gather data from onboard sensors and display it on the screen in real time. Send packets containing sensor data to the gateway either on an interval or when triggered by the user. GPS data is not transmitted.
- Survey GPS - Gather sensor and GPS data and transmit it to the gateway either on an interval or when triggered by the user. Add padding to packets, switch frequency sub bands, TX power, TX data rate, and more all without exiting Survey GPS Mode.
- View Data - View the survey data file on the screen one survey at a time.
Additional documentation and information for the MTDOT-BOX/EVB Factory Firmware can be found here.
Dot Library Limitations
The commit messages in libmDot-mbed5 and libmDot-dev-mbed5 specify the version of the Dot library the commit contains and the version of mbed-os it was compiled against. We recommend building your application with the version of mbed-os specified in the commit message of the version of the Dot library you're using. This will ensure that you don't run into any runtime issues caused by differences in the mbed-os versions.
Development library for mDot.
[Repository '/teams/MultiTech/code/libmDot-dev-mbed5/' not found]
Stable library for mDot.
Stable version of the mDot library for mbed 5. This version of the library is suitable for deployment scenarios. See lastest commit message for version of mbed-os library that has been tested against.