Important changes to forums and questions
All forums and questions are now archived. To start a new conversation or read the latest updates go to forums.mbed.com.
8 years, 7 months ago.
Compiler is not working, cannot add a new program, and unclickable "No device selected".
I just received my first mbed enabled board, an ST Nucleo-F411RE. So I updated the firmware and installed the recommended drivers. I then got the board recognized by my operating system, which is Windows 8.1 64-bit. After happily navigating to the drive where mbed.html was located, I then opened mbed.html which enabled me to add the board to my account which I created. I then clicked the link to open the compiler. To my dismay, the compiler is not responding to anything that I am doing. Clicking anywhere doesn't even help. Here are a some of the things that are problematic:
- Clicking on the "New" button does nothing
- Clicking on the "No device connected" (which is grayed out) does nothing
- The Help does not show anything
- Clicking the red close button for Help does not do anything.
- Clicking on Import does not do anything
I looked around this site to look for questions similar to my question and tried the solutions presented like trying this on Firefox, IE, and Chrome (Desktop mode and Windows 8 mode) among other things but it still does not work. I really want to make this work. And I might be missing something as this my first time in mbed. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
I have included a screenshot of the compiler here:
8 years, 7 months ago.
You need to choose a platform first.
I found you didn't add a platform to your compiler.
- Click "No device selected" link on compiler page (on right top corner). You will see the add platform button on a dialog-box window. Click on that button will lead you to the platform page.
- When you choose a platform, new window will appear to explain details of the board.
- For instance, if you choose mbed-LPC1768, following screenshot page will appear.
- Click on "Add to your bed compiler", then the button will become a link to the compiler page.
- Click on it. Now the environment is ready for you! :)
(This process is required in first time only, or when you add a new platform to your compiler.)
platform page sample. There is a button to add the platform to your compiler