EFM32 Giant Gecko
Silicon Labs' EFM32™ Giant Gecko ARM® Cortex®-M3 based 32-bit microcontrollers (MCUs) provide flash memory configurations up to 1024 kB, 64-128 kB of RAM and CPU speeds up to 48 MHz, making them ideal for energy sensitive applications with high memory and connectivity requirements.
Silicon Labs' EFM32GG-STK3700 is an excellent starting point to get familiar with the EFM32™ Giant Gecko 32-bit microcontrollers. The starter kit contains sensors and peripherals demonstrating some of the MCU's many capabilities and can serve as a starting point for application development. The Giant Gecko features an on-board SEGGER J-Link debugger and an Advanced Energy Monitoring system, allowing you to program, debug and perform real-time current profiling of your application without using external tools.
Giant Gecko Platform Features¶
- EFM32GG990F1024 MCU
- ARM® Cortex™-M3, up to 48MHz
- 128 kB RAM
- 1 MB Flash
- EFM32 OPAMP footprint
- Starter kit features
- 20 pin expansion header
- Breakout pads for easy access to I/O pins
- Power sources (USB and CR2032 battery)
- USB interface for Host/Device/OTG
- On-board peripherals
- Debugging and Energy Profiling
Getting started with ARM mbed and EFM32¶
Using Simplicity Studio with mbed projects
- EFM32 Giant Gecko Starter Kit User Guide
- EFM32 Giant Gecko Schematics
- EFM32 Giant Gecko Reference Manual
- EFM32GG990 Giant Gecko Data Sheet
Please log in to start a discussion or ask a question.