MultiTech's official mbed team.

xdot examples error: operator new out of memory

27 Jan 2018

I cannot run xdot examples. After compiling with libxdot-dev-mbed5 the following error appear on the terminal: Operator new out of memory, I thing this is related with thenew lora::ChannelPlan_US915(); Please a need help to solve this. Best, Marcelo

29 Jan 2018

Hi Marcelo,

Due to constant revision changes of mbed-os and other libraries it is quite possible that sometimes, made examples cannot run properly. In this particular case, xDot examples were made and tested with revisions of xdot-library 3.0.0-19-gb6c0ba2 and mbed-os-5.6.2. May I reference you to a working example site made by L-Tek which uses the same board as MultiTech

https://os.mbed.com/teams/L-TEK/code/Dot-Examples/

Make sure when importing this example, you do not check "Update all libraries to the latest revisions"!

We did a bit of testing:

- libxDot-dev-mbed5 latest development library can be used (not stable)

- mbed-os-5.6.2 must be used !

xDot examples imported from L-TEK or MultiTech should work either for L-TEK board FF-1705 or MultiTechs xDot

Best regrds, Jernej (L-tek)

30 Jan 2018

Thanks so much Jernej, I will follow your advice and let you know what happen next. Best,

Marcelo

30 Jan 2018

Hi Jernej, your example works great!!! Thanks so much for your help! I took a look on your FF1705 board, do you have any distributor in US or south america? Best,

Marcelo

31 Jan 2018

Hi Marcelo,

Glad that it works.

Currently this product is only avaible through our webshop, where you may find other interesting things.

Best regards, Jernej