ST
A world leader in providing the semiconductor solutions that make a positive contribution to people’s lives, both today and in the future.

Computer can't even detect the board.

28 Oct 2017

I have the Nucleo-L073RZ and everything with software seems to be working properly. I've installed SW4STM32, then STM32CubeMX, next up STM32L0-Cube library and after that went straight to ST-Link installation. The real problem is that when I plug-in the board by USB cable, nothing happens. To be honest that's what happens when I plug it to USB 2.0 port. In case of USB 3.0(3.1 Gen 1) I receive: "USB device not recognized". When I try to run a program on CubeMX I receive: "OpenOCD child process termination Reason: Unplugged target or STLink already in use or STLink USB driver not installed".

31 Oct 2017

Sasha,

Lets check a couple things. 1) What OS are you using? 2) If you are using windows, can you see the device in the device manager? 3) If you are using linux / osx does the device show us in 'lsusb' ? 4) When you plug the board in do you see any of the lights turn on? 5) Does the device show up under 'my computer' ? 6) Have you tried to update the interface firmware? (http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html)

-Austin

02 Nov 2017

Austin,

1) I'm using Windows 10. 2) No, I can not see device in Device Manager. 4) Unfortunately, I can not see any of the LEDs blinking. 5) No. 6) Yep I've tried, using exactly the same link, but when I click Device Connect I get only: "No ST-link device detected. Please connect it and then retry.".

02 Nov 2017

Ok, problem solved. And was very trivial. I bought brand new cable for the Nucleo board and it was broken. When I gained access to another one, the board started to run perfectly. Thank you for your time!