WIZnet is a fabless semiconductor company specializing in Hardware TCP/IP Ethernet controller and SoC, with high performance and low cost solution.

Problem with WIZ550io on Nucleo F401

16 Dec 2014

Hi,

I test WIZ550io with Nucleo-F401.

My simple application (telnet server) is working properly. The only problem is a library function that checks if the connection is active (is_connected (socket)). I can see in the source code that in the past there was a problem. Status register is read twice. I think the problem persists. In my application I have to repeatedly check (in 5 step loop) whether the socket is still connected. This function returns a random value sometimes 1/5 or 2/5. Of course, the connection is active, and only read from the register is invalid.

Anyone have any ideas?

regards, HeS

16 Dec 2014

Problem solved.

Do not use the SPI-1 on pins PA_7, PA_6, PA_4. SPI-1 can be used with alternative pins PB_5, PB_4, PB_3. LED disturbs the clock.

HeS

18 Dec 2014

This is good~. Good luck to you~ for your work.

18 Dec 2014

Hi,

there are some additional minor problems with library. I'll try to make some adjustments at the end of my work:

1) One TCPSocketServer object is not sufficient to work with a web browser. A typical browser (ie. Firefox) needs minimum two connections at the same time.

2) We need procedure to cycle through and tidy sockets (state). Connections that hang (WAIT_CLOSE) block socket for use. For example, if you open a few telnet connection and then break them. In this simple way you can switch all sockets in standby (for closing) and such sockets will not be usable by application.

3) We must also check whether the listen socket has not been closed by remote process. A simple scenario in which we establish the connection and immediately break off (before accept), change state of the socket to 'wait_close' and blocks the listening socket forever.

HeS

27 May 2017

How to calculte Rpm of Switched Reluctance Motor Using STN32 F030R8