Rapid Prototyping for general microcontroller applications, Ethernet, USB and 32-bit ARM® Cortex™-M3 based designs

LPC 1768 linker error while compiling mbed_blinky!

29 Oct 2017

Hello Guys,

I have been trying to compile mbed_blinky which is available on the official page but with no success. Specifically with the linker stage.I get the following error messages and I cant seem to find a solution online.

C:/Users/Sathya/Documents/LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650/workspace5/mbed_blinky/mbed/TARGET_LPC1768/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/startup_LPC17xx.o: In function `Reset_Handler': (.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `_start' ./main.o: In function `mbed::DigitalOut::DigitalOut(PinName)': C:\Users\Sathya\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace5\mbed_blinky\mbed/drivers/DigitalOut.h:53: undefined reference to `memset' C:/Users/Sathya/Documents/LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650/workspace5/mbed_blinky/mbed/TARGET_LPC1768/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/mbed_board.o: In function `mbed_error_vfprintf': mbed_board.c:(.text.mbed_error_vfprintf+0x12): undefined reference to `vsprintf' C:/Users/Sathya/Documents/LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650/workspace5/mbed_blinky/mbed/TARGET_LPC1768/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/serial_api.o: In function `serial_baud': serial_api.c:(.text.serial_baud+0x132): undefined reference to `abs' C:/Users/Sathya/Documents/LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650/workspace5/mbed_blinky/mbed/TARGET_LPC1768/TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM/serial_api.o: In function `serial_init': serial_api.c:(.text.serial_init+0x136): undefined reference to `memcpy' C:\Users\Sathya\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace5\mbed_blinky\mbed\TARGET_LPC1768\TOOLCHAIN_GCC_ARM\libmbed.a(mbed_error.o): In function `error': mbed_error.c:(.text.error+0x12): undefined reference to `exit'

I was able to compile C programs with the IDE but cant understand why this shouldnt work? Is there any one out there with the same issue ?

Best Regards, Sathya

29 Nov 2017

I get the same error, and I solve the problem in MCUxpresso by uncheck the option -nostdlib in the Linker settup.. look also in C compiler settup and C++ compiler to choose the Redlib or NewLib Header as your convinent