[ANN] eLua v0.8 released

02 Feb 2011

We are proud to annunce the release of eLua v0.8

eLua is an effort to expand the presence of the Lua programming language in the embedded world, especially on microcontroller-based platforms. It is meant to be a complete MCU development environment. It currently runs on a number of ARM variants (including Cortex-M3), AVR32 (and i386 as a proof of concept).

The main changes from v0.7 are:

• Added the RFS (Remote File System), a new file system which allows sharing a directory on the PC with the eLua board.
  • Added a serial multiplexer which allows using more virtual serial ports over a single physical UART connection.
  • Added Lua and C interrupt handlers support.
  • Added linenoise support (eLua and Lua shell command line history and navigation)
  • Added generic I2C support and docs
  • Added hardware flow control and runtime configurable buffers for UARTs.
  • Added support for new boards: mbed, EVK-1101, Mizar32, EK-LM3S1968
  • Added SPI and SD/MMC support for EVK1100 and EVK1101 (AVR32)
  • Added I2C support for STR-E912 (STR912)
  • Added support for require() and autorun from SD/MMC
  • Added external memory support for STR912
  • Added long filename support for SD/MMC
  • Added version() function to elua module
  • Added RTC (real time clock) platform specific support for str9
  • Added support for AsciiDoc in the doc builder
  • Tutorials and new projects added to the eLua User Labs wiki
  • Demo files were moved out of the distro to http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Projects
  • Added a 'media' page with eLua related media on the project site

The main eLua resources are:

02 Feb 2011

You made my day! I was looking after such a thing for a while now - I'm always struggling with doing things more dynamically than in C/C++.

Is there a list of which peripherals are available? From the discussions of the preliminary port it seems that SPI and networking are missing- is that still true? In the sources everything is there (SPI, emac), but in the web builder I cannot select networking.

03 Feb 2011

Hi,

The list of modules is here:

http://www.eluaproject.net/en_status.html#plat_modules

SPI is indeed implemented but for some reason appears as "not implemented" in the link above. I'll fix that, thanks. Networking is really not implemented, unfortunately.

Best, Bogdan