Build mbed based project using PlatformIO: any host OS, you don't need to install SDK, toolchains or etc.

21 Mar 2015

Dear friends,

I have a great news. PlatformIO 1.2 has been released a few hours with full support for mbed framework and more then 40+ mbed supported boards.

PlatformIO in a nutshell

Requirements

• With PlatformIO you don't need to install any additional software, IDE, SDK, compile tool-chains or etc.
  • You select development platforms, boards, frameworks, then PlatformIO is responsible to build your project using single source code under different host OS: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux 32/64 + ARM, even credit-card sized PC (Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, CubieBoard)
  • PlatformIO has the same behaviour in the different host OS. It allows your team to use favourite OS, IDE or other instruments

Project examples

See mbed examples on GitHub https://github.com/ivankravets/platformio/tree/develop/examples/mbed

Here is nice Getting Started page.

--

P.S: If you have any questions/propositions, don't hesitate to ask me.

21 Mar 2015

Thank you for this ... I now have no excuses for not getting to understand Scons better and dig even deeper into mbed.

21 Mar 2015

Yep, we like SCons :) The source code of PlatformIO builder is located here and script for mbed framework here.

26 May 2015

Ivan, thank you for your good news but I want to move my project to mbed and can't find BeagleBone Platform.

20 Jul 2016

Hi Ivan I can compile the blink example for the SAMD21_XPRO but cannot upload How can I do that ? I guess I have to use the debug port ? Thanks