USB Host

28 Oct 2009 . Edited: 28 Oct 2009
I have seen your LPC1768 borad. I am looking for a USB controller easy to program. I want to make a prototype with a sensor USB reader. I want to use no PC after doing the programing and send comands to the reader via USB connector and pass received data to a digital output of LPC1768. I need this digital output to pass data to anoder module (a mote with some digital inputs) and send data wireless. This last module has a lot developped and I only want to send a few commands via USB and listen to data. The sensor usb reader is a commercial device with USB 2.0 that works with Labview program.
Without more detail I am not entirely sure exactly what is needed, but the essence is that a USB device (the sensor) should be connected to the mbed which then forwards the sensor data to the mote. My assumption is that the mbed is required to act as a USB host, so that it replaces the PC.
While the LPC1768 is capable of being a USB Host, there are currently no USB Host libraries. Writing a USB host is non-trivial. To write a driver for the sensor a good place to start would be an open source driver for the sensor, maybe one that is written for Linux.
If you decide to take this route, and feedback you have on  the process will be very welcome!
Thanks
Chris