Shifting development site

12 Apr 2012

Hi, not quite the same as an earlier post, but what is the best way to handover an mbed project to another developer? I have developed some proof of concept hardware for an mbed with some early development code. I now wish to handover the whole project for another person to develop the user interface and tidy up the code. What is the best process?

Can they simply plug in the mbed and register with their own ID?

Will they be able to pickup my program from the mbed and continue or will they have to cut and paste my code?

I'm (hopefully) not involved any more, so it's just another person continuing, so no shared resource issues.

17 Apr 2012

Hi, any comments or advice?

It would be good to know of any potential issues before I go this route.

So quite simply "whats the best way to hand over an mbed product to another developer and are their any mbed registration issues?"

Thanks

17 Apr 2012

just export project as zip,

send it to them,

and start on somthing new :)

Ceri

17 Apr 2012

Thanks. No registration conflicts between registering mbed twice then?

17 Apr 2012

Once an MBed has been registered, that registration code will be 'used', and won't allow a new second account to be made. As an instructor at a college, this happens a lot in my lab courses where we use MBeds. In our case, we can get extra registration codes for free from the developers for academic use, but I'm not sure that your situation will apply - after all, you're using phrases like "Developer" and "Proof of concept" and such.

The normal situation, if I recall, is just to spend another $50 and get a second MBed - I believe I've even seen a post from someone indicating that part of the purchase price for the MBed explicitly covers the dev tool costs, so this is expected.