Unrecognized option '--gnu'.

04 Jan 2012

Hi all,

I'm searching for a good RTOS. I found lots of them like freertos, scm, ... But the ports to mbed all suffer from 1 and the same error.

all of them give the error OS_Target_asm.s: error: A3900U: Unrecognized option 'gnu'. when you try to compile with keil.

It compiles wel on the online toolchain but fails offline due to that error. Anyone any suggestions except try to use the gnu toolchain? I know that one will work but i use keil ...

THanks

04 Jan 2012

Just go to Options for Target->C/C++ and delete the "gnu" from "Misc Control".

04 Jan 2012

thanks. this does the trick. But now i'm stuck with: .\build\qp_lwip.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol QK_schedPrio_ (referred from qk_port.o). .\build\qp_lwip.axf: Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol QK_sched_ (referred from qk_port.o).

i tried to feed the linker the requested object file but then it complains to have multiple input files qk_port.o ??

i guess i still need to learn allot before i get and rtos running :(

05 Jan 2012

Hi Tom, thank you for the bug report.

Of course, the uVision project should not specify "-gnu" among the ASM flags. We have fixed that and the change will appear at the next web update.

Cheers, Emilio

05 Jan 2012

Emilio,

I really suffer for getting an rtos up and running. i was looking at QP combined with lwIP. These 2 combined looks like a fine system that delivers strict timing, tasks to run with priority, serial port, ethernet, ...

I found the QP-lwip example ( works well except some warnings ) in the online compiler. OK its starts to do something with led1 and 2 but i cant find its IP address and it doesn't react on a dhcp server.

I just can't read the code i see before my eyes. It is very uncommented. I just can't get a grip on how the code works. How it passes trough varibles. This is something i have with many projects i find here.

Is there no book. And i mean a coherent pdf file or something like that. In one piece. from easy to complex. that goes over all the drivers we can use and how to set them to action. of separate file / driver

I do have allot of problems with the online stuff. I know it will be all here but it's explained in projects or code snippets from were i cant think of what the other programmer wrote. Everyone had its own way of getting things done ... i would like a real book or pdf that explains what i am actually doiing.

I am used to program and understand most of the c language. c++ is totally new to me. In fact i come from 8051 assembly programming. I do understand vectors, push pop, r0, r1, acc, ... stuff like that very wel. c++ makes everything so unvisible and abstract.

Help

05 Jan 2012

btw. i dit read the line : NOTE: This example compiles cleanly, but does not run just yet because the low-level Ethernet driver in the lwIP library needs to be completed. See comments in the lwip_1_4_0_rc2 library for more information.

so i did do exactly that but because i don't understand most of the code. How do i make this code work well ??

05 Jan 2012

Hi Tom, I am sorry, we are not yet officially supporting a RTOS and a TCP/IP stack.

So far, the mbed community has contributed a lot of useful code in that space.

We recognize that having a strong RTOS and TCP/IP stack solution is extremely important and we are working toward that goal.

I cannot yet disclose every detail about it.

Stay tuned, Emilio

05 Jan 2012

OK then i'll wait for it.

If i would like a http server with a webpage that contains checkboxes. These boxes need to be coupled with an action ... Later on i would like cgi scripting to function. How schould i begin?

Do you have a suggestion?

06 Jan 2012

tom borremans wrote:

Do you have a suggestion?

There are a lot of good quality programs and libraries developed by mbed users, my suggestion is to explore them! :-)

If you have a specific problem with one of them, you can try asking to the library/program author, there are extremely helpful people in our developer community.

Cheers, Emilio

14 Feb 2012

tom borremans wrote:

I really suffer for getting an rtos up and running.

Emilio Monti wrote:

We recognize that having a strong RTOS and TCP/IP stack solution is extremely important and we are working toward that goal.

I cannot yet disclose every detail about it.

Stay tuned, Emilio

You may give our new RTOS library a go: http://mbed.org/handbook/RTOS

Cheers, Emilio