Multi-target Library for mbed

06 Apr 2016

Hi all

Let me ask how to make the multi-target library. Are there any good tutorial to make such the library for mbed?

I am planning a library which support not only one platform but also multi-target. For example, that works with LPCXpresso4337 and LPC4088 quick start board. The official mbed library is definitely multi-target, but I don't have any idea how to make it.

There are some info about the build tool Yotta. But Yotta is off line tool. I could not find how to use Yotta on mbed compiler.

I appreciate if anyboy help me.

Regards, S.H

11 Apr 2016

Hi S.H.,

If you use the mbed SDK your code will work on all mbed targets due to the hardware abstraction layer. The only difference would be different pins per target, but every target has PinNames.h which unifies that (e.g. USB_TX will always map to the right pin).

07 May 2016

Hi Jan

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, that is very good part of mbed. I am planning to add similar hal into my library. So, my library which work with hardware directly, will support multiple platform.

I guess, yotta is the answer, but seems not so obvious how to build the multi-target library.

I am reading this page. https://developer.mbed.org/handbook/mbed-SDK-porting