Mobile LCD problem

20 Mar 2010 . Edited: 20 Mar 2010
Hello! Three days ago I receive the LCD Color board (http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=8600) and today I was trying to play a little bit with the LCD.
So, I connect my mbed to the LCD and I use an already made program...

The result looks like that:

but is should looks like this:

That means that the LCD is broken???
I try to put shortest wires also, and some 100nF caps but exactly the same problem? Any help???
20 Mar 2010

Hi Ioannis,

I suspect the screen is fine, but there are a number of different driver chips inside these types of screen, so it'll probably need a little investigation to get it working. On the MobileLCD page, you'll see there are a couple of different drivers already:

I suspect there may be even more variants!

Have you tried with both these drivers? What were the results with each? There must be a way to identify all these different controllers, so if you find any information how to identify exactly what driver chip is used that'd be interesting to identify what is needed to drive this display.

Simon

20 Mar 2010

Hi Loannis,

I had a similar problem a while back, it was the driver as Simon described above. I think it has someting to do with the 12-bit colour the LCD uses. It goes a bit wierd if you try to send it 8 or 16 bit (makes sense I guess!)

The right driver for me was hiding at the bottom of the cookbook page.

20 Mar 2010 . Edited: 20 Mar 2010

Yes, it was problem with the drivel! Thanks… everything is working fine now!