Need Help with TFT display and LPC11U24

26 Aug 2013

Hi,

I am fairly new to mBed and controllers but I need help with a certain TFT display.

The display is NHD-2.4-240320SF-CTXI#-1 and has got a ILI9341 driver.

Does anyone have sample code to get me up and started?

Much appreciated.

26 Aug 2013
26 Aug 2013

Thanks Eric, I just seen that after I posted. That will give me the start.

26 Aug 2013

I've just realised that the TFT I'm using (NHD-2.4-240320SF-CTXI#-1) doesn't support SPI...8-bit or 16-bit mode only.

Any sample code for that?

26 Aug 2013

Probably not, since the basic mbed devices (LPC1768 and LPC11u24) weren't designed for parallel interfaces, but instead for as many different kind of peripherals on the output.

The result is that for libraries people rather use a possibly bit slower SPI interface, than try to stitch together enough pins to get an 8-bit port that is easy to address. I don't think there is mbed sample code available, you will have to do quite some coding yourself. You can probably use that library as basic, and then only re-write the commands to transmit data. But still that is quite some work.

27 Aug 2013

@James It seems that there was actually a parallel LCD interface library for HX-8347A ( not the famous D type ) and perhaps SSD1289 here https://mbed.org/cookbook/TFT-LCD-with-HX8347 but main library file is (now) deleted ? Perhaps you can ask the author and continue from his work .

Regards, Christos