mDot offline compiled program behavior different from compiling online

07 Jun 2018

Hello,

I'm using the mbed-cli to compile my application offline the majority of the time. It compiles my applications perfectly fine and I am able to flash the binary to the mDot. Problems occur at the sleep function calls within either the dot_util.cpp files or the dot->sleep function. The mDot goes to sleep but does not wake up at all no matter what wakeup interval I make it, but the wake up at interrupt works perfectly fine. This only happens when I compile with mbed-cli. When I compile with the online mbed ide the sleep function behaves just as it's intended - sleep for a certain amount of time and then wake up either from the RTC or an interrupt on DIO7 pin. Both programs are the exact same offline and online.

I am currently using libmDot-mbed-5 version 3.0 with mbed-os version 5.4.7. Using gcc_arm v4.9 and mbed-cli v 1.5.1.

I think it may have to do with that the way the online compiler works is different than the offline mbed-cli.

TLDR; mDot doesn't wake up from RTC when compiling program offline but works perfectly fine when compiling online.

Any thoughts on what may be the cause? Thank you.