Some good documentation of the C++ standard libraries used

02 Nov 2011

I am not much experienced in C/C++ coding. It would be fine to have some reference documentation to the version for C/C++ used and standard implicit libraries. I found some links to ARM RVDS 4.1 compiler, which does not explicitly deal with MBED, but with the whole family of ARM processors and works with the terms standardlib, microlib. Which one of them the heck the compiler use and what is the specification? Do I really need to check everything if it works. I guess it would be better to have some list of what is implicitly available by the compiler itself? Thank you for reply!

02 Mar 2012

Hi Tomas,

Tomas Gregor wrote:

I am not much experienced in C/C++ coding. It would be fine to have some reference documentation to the version for C/C++ used and standard implicit libraries. I found some links to ARM RVDS 4.1 compiler, which does not explicitly deal with MBED, but with the whole family of ARM processors and works with the terms standardlib, microlib. Which one of them the heck the compiler use and what is the specification? Do I really need to check everything if it works. I guess it would be better to have some list of what is implicitly available by the compiler itself?

I notice your question only now making a search for "microlib" on our site.

microlib and standardlib are both implementations of the "C standard library".

This is an old and established standard, there are hundreds and hundreds of good references.

An example good reference on the web could be: http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/webmonkeys/book/c_guide/index.html

HTH, Emilio