don't understand import button

21 Nov 2010

I ran a simple blink the LEd example, modified it a little. That went OK

Now I'm trying to put something onto a TextLCD. It is obvious I don't understand what the import  button in my browser window does. I've gotten it to add TextLCD to my list of files but that is just an informational link to documentation for the TextLCDP. When I follow that link I see a link that says "Import into Compiler" nothing seems to happen when I click that.

when I compile I get an error message that says "Cannot open source input file "TextLCDP.h"

I watched the video intro, it shows included .h library files but doesn't explain this. mbed folder in my Program Workspace doesn't seem to have TextLCD already in it.

I'm sure its really simple, but I am stymied.

21 Nov 2010 . Edited: 21 Nov 2010

Irt sounds like you have imported the library ok.

Reading the error message you posted says this:- "Cannot open source input file "TextLCDP.h"

See, you made a typo. Try #include "TextLCD.h" and not #include "TextLCDP.h"

Let me know if that was a simple typo mistake or not so we can investigate further.

21 Nov 2010

When I went looking for TextLCD on the website, what I found was TextLCDP; I do have a 16x4 aws well as a 20x4 and 16x2 so that was what I had tried to import. you are right that if I take the P out it gives me different errors, so it is finding something called TextLCD