Exporting Skywire Pearl Gecko online Mbed & retargeting to Wonder Gecko and importing project into uVision

07 Mar 2018

I've exported the SkywirePearlGecko demo from the online Mbed compiler to Keil's uVision V5.24.2.0 and re-targeted from the Pearl Gecko to my own Wonder Gecko platform using an EFM32WG230F256. Of course, I cannot get the Wonder Gecko to communicate to Nimblink's NL-SW-LTE-TSVG Skywire modem. I'm using a cheap Saleae 16 Logic Analyzer and when I TX at 115200 using UART0 (PE10, PE11) with the initial characters ("AT\r") they arrive at the Skywire incorrectly according to the cheap analyzer. Therefore, the Skywire modem never returns an "OK".

I'm using two Serial ports to communicate: 1) Debug terminal via UART2 to my PC via TTL-232RG from FTDI 2) Skywire via UART0

The TX @115200 via UART2 to my Tera Term terminal emulator works, but with a new line there is always space (see attached) I've been chipping away at this for a couple of weeks. So, I'm on the verge of forgetting about MBED and using FreeRTOS or CMSIS libraries since I believe this should be simple. main.cpp and the entire uVision project is attached.