Deport USART virtual communication Nucleo-32

16 Nov 2017

Hi, I would like to disable the USB virtual communication to deport it on a "real" pin. I remove the resistances SB2 and SB3 to release the port but nothing appears on the pins PA2 and i don't find PA15 on the board.

Do you know how to do it ?

Thank's

Fred

/media/uploads/fizzytaken/00a99c18-4e63-451f-87e2-c20e9bc83177.jpg

17 Nov 2017

Hello Fred,

• As indicated in Figure 10, Chapter 7 - Electrical schematics of the User Manual, UART2_TX is always (regardless of the state of solder bridge SB2) connected to the board's Arduino pin A7 (which is pin PA_2 according to MBED namings). So if the UART2_TX serial signal worked over the ST-LINK (when SB2 was ON and connected also to the ST-LINK chip's pin PA3 - see in Figure 11 of Electrical schematics in User Manual) it should remain available at pin A7 also when SB2 is OFF (disconnected from the ST-LINK chip).
  • You are right Fred. Unfortunately pin PA_15 is not available at the board's connectors. However, it's defined in the PinNames.h file. I do not recommend to do it, but pin PA_15 could be made available for external serial connection via the respective pad of solder bridge SB3 once it has been put into OFF state (see in Figure 11 of Electrical schematics in User Manual).