Copy EEPROM and save to mbed

20 Mar 2014

I want to create a system that can copy eeprom data from a 24lc256, store the data to the mbed, and hold about 4 copies of the data. 256k * 4 = 1024k

Is the best way to store the data with an external FLASH IC?

20 Mar 2014

You can simply copy the data from the EEPROM to a text/data file in the MBED its self,

It should be quite straight forward.

Ceri

20 Mar 2014

I have copied the data with the internal storage but I want a more portable solution. Or maybe I just copy the mbed design and use the same file storage IC. I assume its off the ucontroller?

20 Mar 2014

Not quite sure what you really want to do,

Do you just want to read out the contents of the EEPROM, and save them as a text file,

Or - do you wish to selectively re-program EEPROM's ??

Ceri

20 Mar 2014

The flash IC is connected to the interface IC, and not the LPC1768 itself. There are however a bunch of libraries for different flash ICs.

20 Mar 2014

I would use SD Card,

big advantage - portability of content.

Ceri

20 Mar 2014

selectively re-program EEPROM's. One EEPROM really. A device I am using configs its self upon startup from an eeprom @ 0xA0, the device acts as the Master on the I2C bus. I want to be able to reprogram the EEPROM after the device boots. I will have a simple UI to select which EEPROM 'file' to load, also an option to read and record the EEPROM data. I think SD card is the way to go. Cheap and portable. I was exploring IC's as an alternative.

09 Nov 2015

Hi guys, maybe do you have a code that guide me to copy data to eeprom?