Oscilloscope

28 Feb 2011

Has anyone used the Rigol DS1052E 50MHz Digital Oscilloscope? http://www.tequipment.net/RigolDS1052E.html

It's a 2 channel scope for only $399US. It gets really good reviews online and the price is really good too.

I'm thinking about buying it and was wondering if anyone has it and could share some pros/cons...

Features:

• 1 GSa/s maximum real-time sample rate, 25 GSa/s maximum equivalent-time sample rate
  • 1Mpts long Memory Depth
  • 100 MHz, 50 MHz Bandwidths
  • Ultra compact design: 303mm x 154mm x 133mm (WxHxD)
  • 64 k TFT color LCD, bright and vivid waveform display
  • Advanced trigger modes: Edge, Video, Pulse Width, Slope, Alternate
  • Adjustable bigger sensitivity: Effactively filter noise from bigger signal and avoid false trigger
  • 20 automatic measurements
  • Cursor measurements: Manual, Track and Auto Measure modes
  • 10 waveforms, 10 setups, BMP and CSV storage
  • Math functions:+, -, x, FFT, Invert
  • Special digital filter and waveform recorder
  • Built-in hardware frequency counter
  • Standard interface: USB Device, USB Host, RS-232
  • Standard configuration: PassIFail test, effectively avoid electromagnetic interference by using photoelectricity-isolation
  • Multi-language user interface, built-in help system
  • Direct print to PictBridge compatible printers via USB Device interface.

Thanks.

28 Feb 2011

Check out EEVBlog.com. Dave does a full review and a teardown of it. Furthermore, you can do a certain mod that increases the bandwidth of the scope. Have a look for it. It's an excellent scope for the price!

28 Feb 2011

Dear Kevin, We are Hantek agent in Europe and have a lot of DSO5000 series that seem like Rigol scopes. Please visit our website (http://elec3i.com) and get a special discount if you are an eevblog user !!! Cheers, Pascal

28 Feb 2011

Igor Martinovski wrote:

Check out EEVBlog.com. Dave does a full review and a teardown of it. Furthermore, you can do a certain mod that increases the bandwidth of the scope. Have a look for it. It's an excellent scope for the price!

You can't do that anymore , they upgraded the firmware, unless you find the ones with the old firmware. Cheap (read: poor) students can use the ones at their school lab.

28 Feb 2011

you can still get your hands on one with the initial firmware as you said. And I think you can also downgrade the firmware. I don't know much more than that as I do not have one of these.