from proto to hardware. problems with PHY address.

23 Feb 2012

Hello. Not meant to pollute this section with a double post but i felt that this might be the right one instead of the general one.

i need to make it clear and short: i need help about sources of ethernet class of the mbed platform or at least some help from the core team.

long story: I am implementing my own board. (this is a true adventure, i wish it to anyone that has strong mental and superpowers.) Board is using a marvell ethernet switch as the way to ethernet. That is, i removed the phy and use an internal phy of the switch. We've been through various steps and now face something we cannot solve without help. the phy has an address of 6 but mbed still wants to address the original phy, whose address is 1 (theoratically, if it is left by default and not reprogrammed through mdio at later stage) I cannot change the switch phy address, it is static. Neither can i use the port 1 of the switch to use its phy as the phy is not accessible on this port.

In fact, Solution is "quite simple" , i don't really want sources, just one way to change the phy address. If you were to add a #define in a header file, that would save my day. Any way to make this happen? Someone to contact?

This is, it seems, a slight problem in the prototyping chain, that is, you cannot prototype things like that due to some sources not being open or configurable. It can be solved, and i am -of course- willing to work with core team in order to make this possible.

Thank you.

11 Mar 2012

Is this resolved?

11 Mar 2012

no. unfortunatly. Not even a private message to Simon Ford had an effect.

05 Apr 2015

Ever resolved? ... I can help