Looking for help with PCB layout for prototyping

24 Jan 2012

Hello all,

I am in the final stages of developing and now I would like to get a PCB print. I am currently using the mbed NXP LPC1768 (ARM Cortex-M3 MC).

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to create my own PCB from scratch to house the MC and few minor components (transceiver, few LEDS, oscillator/clock).

I have had a look at PCB dev software applications but with my little knowledge I cannot progress with my project. I guess what I am asking is if there is anyone who can point me in the right direction, maybe some someone has done something similar and can lend a hand.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards, Steve

24 Jan 2012

possably the best (and free,and used by lots of peapole, including sparkfun!!)

is Eagle pcb it is quite easy to use, but the free package is, 100*80mm

which is more usable than you might think.

there are also lots more parts avalable to download (from eagle) than any other package.

I am sure there are some LPC1768 designs out there ??

I am in the middle of designing a larger LPC1768 board, but that will not be around for a while.

Although I have just started to design an absolute minimum M0 board.

if you have any questions give me a message.

Cheers

Ceri.

25 Jan 2012

Cool thank you for the quick reply Ceri.

Yeah I have downloaded Eagle but I guess I need to know exactly what components I will need to get the chip up and running. So I think I have some homework to do first.

If anyone has a besic schematic I could use as a template that would be ace.

Regards, Steve

25 Jan 2012

Hi steve,

I wrote a notebook page on this here and have some schematics that I would share with you if you wanted them?

Martin

25 Jan 2012

Martin that would be brilliant!

Do you have MSN or Skype? My email is sg@racelogic.co.uk

Thanks, Steve

25 Jan 2012

I'll email them to you

25 Jan 2012

Hi Steve,

I've dropped you an email to the above address, We've done some layout of LPC's onto boards for products, could help !

cheers

Dave.

25 Jan 2012

If all else fails in your PCB design efforts, contact me - I head up a micro-business called LogicaTronics, based in Sheffield.